What if there were a workshop teaching how to get to these locations efficiently using the bus system?
Parque Calderon El Centro
Mercado 10 de Agosto Parque San Sebastian
Mall del Rio Mercado 9 de octubre
Parque San Blas IESS
Feria Libre Parque de la Madre
ETAPA Offices Airport
Parque Paraiso your favorite restaurants
Terminal Terrestre Baños
Mirador de Turi Mirador de Culca
Parque Industrial Challuabamba
San Joaquin Mercado 12 de Abril
Take a customized bus tour and learn how to get to your particular areas of interest by bus! Perfect for newcomers and tourists!
This is a unique opportunity to spend some time getting to know the Cuenca Bus system with a professional. We’ll go over all the basics of riding the buses, switching to other buses at “hub stops,” and answer any and all questions you may have or think of as go.
Christopher King, the “Bus Sherpa” will design a custom tour for you or your group based on your needs and give all the information he’s gathered after riding the Cuenca buses daily for two years. Upon setting up a time and day for your tour, Chris will also set up a place to meet. You can choose to meet him at your house, at a bus stop near your house, or any location you choose.
After riding all the buses and capturing the routes with a GPS device and writing down all the names of the stops, Chris is “that guy” who always takes calls from friends who are out and about the city and need help figuring out which route to take from where they are to get to a bus that will take them to their destination. Chris has developed a knack for figuring out how to combine multiple routes to get all over town as quickly and efficiently as possible with the irregularities of Cuenca’s local bus system.
This your opportunity to take advantage of Chris’s two years of experience and pick his brain for all of his tips and tricks.
What you are buying:
- Short orientation at meeting place of your choice
- Bus trip to as many as 3 destinations, depending on time
- Question and answer time with drink/snack (if convenient and available)
- Return to origin
- 3 hours of time with the Cuenca Bus Sherpa
- Price for 1-3 people for a trip
- 1 Hard Copy atlas or a Membership on CuencaBusSherpa.com
- Your home (or nearby location) to 2-3 of your frequent destinations.
- Your home (or nearby location) to El Centro to purchase and/or register bus card, and 1-2 of your frequent destinations.
- “Get to Know” a line of your choice. Ride a line end to end, and we’ll point out popular sites and connection points to other lines along the way.
Discount available if for members and people who have already purchased hard copies.
If you are member, use the coupon code found HERE. If you purchased a hard copy already, turn to page 123 in your atlas and use the name of the stop numbered 65 as your code. Using these codes will take $10 off of the final price. Members who have already bought hard copies may use both codes to make the work half price.